The Archon Type B is finally shipping. Yes, it’s a really interesting gun. No, we’re not lying to you, it really is shipping. The Type B has been the subject of much conversation since it was first announced several years ago, much of it centered around its low bore axis and consequently reduced muzzle flip.
The new pistol has a number of features, many what you’d expect to see in a well-designed pistol but also what is called the “AF-Speedlock.” It is this feature that gives the handgun its much-touted low bore axis.
Other features of the weapon include:
- Match-grade traditionally rifled barrel coated in black nitride.
- Three stage recoil rod with uncaptured main spring (for ease of service and tuning)
- Inner-frame milled from billet steel featuring full length rails.
- Full metal, flat-faced, short reset trigger.
- Integrated beavertail with featured contour to activate tendon in hand for better grip.
- Oversized trigger guard for use with gloved fingers.
- Fiber optic front sight with blacked out rear cut from billet steel. The slide uses a standard Glock dovetail and front sight for ease of change if preferred.
- Front and rear cocking serrations.
- Integrated picatinny rail for weapon attachments up front.
- Metal magazine release that is easily reversible for left-handed shooters.
- Innovative Grip Mapping texture designed to actively fight the direction the gun wants to rotate during recoil.
- Integrated magwell.
- Full metal magazine with baseplate designed for ergonomic loading with grid pattern for ease of marking.
The Type B is currently available with the following options:
- Black Nitride Slide
- PVD FDE Slide
- Fiber Optic Target Sights
- AFR8 Night Sights
https://youtu.be/o5DCBZJMk6U no YouTube player sadly here.
It ships with the following items:
- Four (4) Magazines
- Malterra designed high-quality range bag made with 500D Nylon
- Silver AF USA Permanent Marker (for marking magazines)
- EEXOX gun oil
- California Compliant Safety Lock
- User Manual
You can learn more on the Archon Firearms website.